What is Site Kit?
Site kit is a plugin for WordPress which is officially made by google. If you don’t know about WordPress you might consider this article. You will get complete insights of how people use your website. Site Kit is the one-stop solution to deploy, manage, and get insights from critical Google tools to make the site successful on the web. It provides authoritative, up-to-date insights from multiple Google products directly on the WordPress dashboard for easy access, all for free.
What are the features of Site kit?
As of now, Site Kit offers 4 of google apps in Single application. Before Site kit came users use to download many plugins for different app. Like Monster Insight for analytics. Ad inserter for Adsense and plugins like that. This use to slow your website as there was an increase in server load. Now Site kit offers:
- Google search console
- PageSpeed Insights
- Tag Manager
What is Adsense?
If you have used Google Analytics with your WordPress website then there is a high chance that you might have used MonsterInsights to connect it to your website. Well, MonsterInsights is a great plugin but is not as powerful and lite as the Site kit. Google Analytics helps you understand your user’s behavior, like how they interact and from where are they from and stuff like that. This is included in Site kit plugin.
Google Search Console
This is a must to rank high on google. Search console provides lots of features and one of the features is the ability to upload sitemaps. Sitemaps are a great way to let google index all your pages and post. You can connect to Google Search Console through Site kit.
This plugin helps you see how fast is your website. If you think that having a fast website is not important then think again because Google ranks the websites which are fast and mobile-friendly. This helps you understand stuff related to website speed and it is Included in Site kit.
Optimize and Tag manager
These too help a lot to put specific features to your page. The Optimize helps you to experiment and test the best way to deliver your content. Tag manager helps to install Optimize and many other features to your website. This feature is also included in Site kit by google.
We will go into these specific topics in some other article as of now this is the features provided by the Site kit. You no longer need many plugins to get these features, you just need one!
Here are words from google:
- Easy-to-understand stats directly on your WordPress dashboard
- Official stats from multiple Google tools, all in one dashboard
- Quick setup for multiple Google tools without having to edit the source code of your site
- Metrics for your entire site and for individual posts
- Easy-to-manage, granular permissions across WordPress and different Google products
What are the uses of Site kit features?
Firstly have a look at what the features offers you
- Search Console: Understand how Google Search discovers and displays your pages in Google Search. Track how many people saw your site in Search results, and what query they used to search for your site.
- Analytics: Explore how users navigate your site and track goals you’ve set up for your users to complete.
- AdSense: Keep track of how much your site is earning you.
- PageSpeed Insights: See how your pages perform compared to other real-world sites. Improve performance with actionable tips from PageSpeed Insights.
- Tag Manager: Use Site Kit to easily set up Tag Manager- no code editing required. Then, manage your tags in Tag Manager.
- Optimize: Use Site Kit to easily set up Optimize- no code editing required. Then, set up A/B tests in Optimize.
What is better MonsterInsights or Site kit?
MonsterInsights is a very heavy software when compared to the Site kit and the features that the Site kit provides. The site kit is a very fast and multi-purpose plugin. It provides main performance booting plugins in one package.
You can install it from: https://wordpress.org/plugins/google-site-kit/
or you can simply go to your Dashboard of wordpress and install it: Plugins>Add new> Search Site kit.