We all know that WordPress is the best CMS out there, but what makes it great it the extensions it provided. This enables us to make anything that we can imagine. If you don’t know anything about WordPress find out here. Here is our top 10 pick for plugins that you must have. Remember the order they are in doesn’t mean one is better than others. They are all the best.
MonsterInsights is the best Google Analytics plugin for WordPress. This plugin allows you to connect Google Analytics to your WordPress. The best part about this plugin is that you can view all the stats on the dashboard of your WordPress. You don’t need to login to Google Analytics for that.
MonsterInsights plugin will help you understand users’ behavior, by that, I mean that it will show which post is doing good and for how long people are staying in a particular post.
There are various benefits of this plugin. It provides a free version as well as pro versions. Click here to know more.
Smush is an Image compression plugin. Having large images is not at all recommended for websites or for SEO purposes. All hosting companies provide limited space so it is in the best interest to make sure that we optimize our image as much as we can. This is where this plugin comes in handy. When you upload an image to your website this plugin will automatically compress the image without losing little to no details.
Some of the features of Smush
- Lossless Compression – Strip unused data without affecting image quality
- Lazy Loader – Defer offscreen images with the flip of a switch
- Bulk Smush – Optimize up to 50 images with one click
- Image Resizing – Set a max width and height and large images will scale down as they are being compressed
- Incorrect Size Image Detection – Quickly locate images that are slowing down your site
- Directory Smush – Optimize images even if they are not located in the media library
- Automated Optimization – Asynchronously auto-smush your attachments for super fast compression on upload
- Unlimited & Free – Optimize all of your images up to 5MB in size forever (no daily, monthly, or annual caps)
- Gutenberg Block Integration – View all Smush stats directly in image blocks
- Multisite Compatible – Both global and individual Multisite settings
- Process All Your Files – Smush will process PNG, JPEG and GIF files for optimum results
You really cannot go wrong with this plugin, after all, it is Free. Check it out
3. Yoast SEO
This plugin is one of the most used plugins on WordPress. This has some great feature which can easily help you rank first on Google search. It provides functionality for connecting google search console, bing webmasters and other search engines. It also creates a Sitemap by default for all posts, pages, and categories.
Some of the notable features of Yoast SEO are:
- Title and meta description templating for better branding and consistent snippets in the search results.
- A state-of-the-art Schema implementation helps search engines make sense of your site and increases the chance on those coveted rich results.
- The most advanced XML Sitemaps functionality at the push of a button.
- Full control over your site’s breadcrumbs.
- Automatically set canonical URLs to avoid duplicate content.
This also provided a premium version that is worth to upgrade to, but for most of the cases, free versions should be enough. Check it out
When it comes to building websites by dragging and dropping icons there is nothing that can beat this plugin. It is free and it has the most number of features out of all page builders available for WordPress.
Create stunning professional websites with a few clicks. It comes with lot of templates to get you started
It has just lots of features which we cannot fit in this blog. Check out there website here.
5. Ad inserter
If you want to place ads on your blog or website there is this plugin called Ad inserter which has tones and tones of features in a free package. It allows putting Google verification code by just putting it in Adinserter.
It allows to automatically put ads in posts, pages, and sections of your website.
Some of the features of Ad inserter:
- AdSense integration
- Support for Google Ad Manager (DoubleClick for publishers)
- Syntax highlighting editor
- Code preview with visual CSS editor
- Automatically inserts ads on posts and pages
- Insert before or after post
- Insert before or after content
- Insert before or after paragraph
- Insert before or after random paragraph
- Insert before or after multiple paragraphs
- Insert before or after image
- Insert before or after comments
- Insert before or after excerpt
- Insert near any element on the page (using CSS selectors)
- Insert above the header (after
- Insert in the footer (before
- Insert at relative positions in posts
- Insert between posts on blog pages (in-feed AdSense)
- Insert between excerpts on blog pages
- Insert between comments
- Insert at custom hook positions (
do_action ()WP function)
- Insert before or after any HTML element using CSS selectors
- Visual HTML element selector (DOM explorer)
- Avoid inserting ads near images or headers (AdSense TOS)
- Disable ads on individual posts or pages
- Insert header (
<head>section) and footer code
- Insert raw HTTP response header lines
- Insert Google Analytics, Matomo (Piwik) or any other tracking code
- Code generator for banners and placeholders
- AdSense code generator
- Visual advert editor – create adverts from scratch
- Manual insertion: widgets, shortcodes, PHP function call
- Sticky (fixed) widgets (sticky sidebar – the sidebar does not move when the page is scrolled)
- Custom alignments and styles
- Insert different ad codes on AMP pages
- Use shortcodes from other plugins
- Use custom fields as defined in posts
- Use post title, tags or category names to create contextual adverts
- PHP code processing
- Ad labels – show customized label above adverts
- ads.txt editor
Learn more about it here
WooCommerce is the most popular eCommerce plugin for WordPress used by over 4 million websites. It allows you to create an online store with ease.
It comes with all the powerful features that you need to create an online store.
Over the last few years, WooCommerce has established itself as the most dominant eCommerce plugin for WordPress. There are a lot of free as well as paid themes that are supported by Woocommerce. There are a lot of plugins available for wooCommerce as well. They extend their capability and add functionalities like Dropshipping and payment gateways.
Click here to know more.